SHOP

Thursday, September 2, 2010

It was a tough job but doesn't compare to a HERO's Sacrifice

Recently American Hero Hugs was asked to create gifts for the family of a fallen HERO.

Army Staff Sgt James R Ide V, cause of Death: wounds sustained when insurgents attacked his unit with small-arms fire is survived by his wife and two small children.

We are so honored to be asked to this. It wasn't an easy task. They wanted our American Hero Hugs pillowcase but asked for a different poem so I created the following poem for them.

As you close your eyes to sleep
I leave my love for you to keep.
I am with you night and day,
In your heart I will always stay
.

We were also asked to create something special for his wife, and with inspirational guidance from my friend Jodi, who is a friend of Ide family and an Army wife herself, I was able to create this poem for her. I hope it brings a small comfort. The words and work for this project have come fairly easy. The emotion it has produced is much more difficult and uncomfortable, but leaves me feeling such gratitude for Staff Sgt James R Ide, his wife and their beautiful children and for all of the other HEROES big and small that sacrifice so much for our freedom.


2 comments:

  1. WOW!! ooohhh...that last line sent shivers down my body, and tears down my face instantly!!! Prayers for the Ide Family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that same shiver and tears when I wrote out that last line paper.

    ReplyDelete